Victoria & girlGoneGood
Victoria (Walsh) Lanthier (she/her) is a military veteran and served operationally with the Canadian Armed Forces. She became a public speaker, avid skydiver, and a well-traveled adventurist.
After a successful career in communications within the military, she released and became an information technology consultant. She currently works as a technical architect by day and runs GirlGoneGood in her spare time.
Victoria has recently completed a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Ottawa. Her interests revolve around minimalism, emotional awareness (grit), damn good coffee, and getting lost in the mountains. Victoria continues to travel often and resides in Ottawa, Ontario.
Veteran. Future Nurse. IT Consultant.
Admittedly sounds like an odd mix for interests however adventure, media, and health are the backbone of GirlGoneGood®. It is where the prioritization of wellness while exploring the wilderness is encouraged.
The driving forces behind GirlGoneGood® are:
- helping others find new trails to explore
- encouraging respectful/smart hiking
- wellness and mental health
- supporting local/small business/community
- paying it forward
As for me? I love sharing local hikes and giving insights for your international travels. Damn good coffee is a must. Taking care of our mental, spiritual, and physical health is paramount. And I’m pretty proud of my daily morning routine. Slowly learning more about our flora and fauna but I’m not great at it. Connection and experience is everything.
As Seen In
Nation Valley News
'Girl Gone Good' Creates Guide To Outdoor Good Life.
The love of sharing stories and insights goes beyond GirlGoneGood.com! It is a pleasure to guest post on subjects such as wellness, wilderness, and everything in between.
- April 01, 2020 Guest article in The Humm
- March 01, 2020 Guest article in The Humm
- February 01, 2020 – Guest interview in The Humm
- November 16, 2020 – Mettle Monday – Adversity + Growth
- January 15, 2019 – How to reach your goals – Staying motivated & accountable
- November 7, 2018 – Remembrance Day as a Veteran
- September 18, 2018 – Body Positivity
- June 26, 2018 – Safe Hiking Tips from an Experienced Explorer
- May, 2018 – Blackberry Coconut Kefir Smoothie
- March 2, 2018 – The Importance of Being in Nature
- November 24, 2017 – The stigma that comes with asking for help
- September 22, 2017 – Anti Hibernation – Energy tips for winter
- May 26, 2017 – Adrenal Fatigue – A Nursing Student’s Story
Interested in sharing our story or looking for a feature about wellness and the wilderness? Contact email@example.com for all interview inquiries.
Brand Partnerships + Collaborations
Interested in collaborating and think your brand would be a great fit for GirlGoneGood®? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for all advertising and sponsorship prospects, guest post opportunities, or to request a media kit.
GirlGoneGood® is partnered with #NatureForAll.
#NatureForAll is a global movement that inspires a love of nature, and was launched at the 2016 International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) World Conservation Congress.
On the #NatureForAll Discovery Zone, you will find a multi-lingual database of curated resources from #NatureForAll partners, IUCN, and programs. You can also scroll through the list of #NatureForAll partners from their website to find incredible nature-focused organizations to follow and engage with, or perhaps read through their success stories and blog for insights. natureforall.global