The Experience Series is an opportunity to collect memories. To break out of the routine, go exploring, and fully embrace the little moments. You never know what the residual effect will be…
This challenge is fun and full of diverse outdoor experiences. Actually, it’s a bit like and adult scavenger hunt. Are you up to the challenge?
This Experience Series challenge was born out of a) being frequently asked what to do on the weekends and b) knowing all these incredibly interesting and adventurous experiences that the counties had to offer.
Are you ready to break out of that shell? Or perhaps you’re the one leading the pack! Whether it’s on your own for a challenge, with friends for fun, or as a family – dare ya to not have fun with these.
The Wellness Series Challenge
- Star gaze at the Dark Sky Viewing Area (Leeds & Grenville)
- Hit up the natural rock slide off via High Falls trail (Algonquin Park)
- Bring some seeds and feed the chickadees on Lime Kiln trail (Ottawa-Carleton)
- Soak in the abundance of wild orchids at Purdon Conservation Area (Lanark)
- Explore the mysterious Lusk Cave (Gatineau)
- Catch the sunrise from the top of the observation tower at Mont Morisette (L’Outaouais)
- Enjoy a picnic by the waterfalls after hiking at parc des chutes trail in Denholm (L’Outaouais)
- Watch the birds soar below the cliffs at Eagles Nest. (Renfrew)
- Camp (or Cabin) the night and watch the sunset at Deacon Escarpment (Renfrew)
- Brave the Hell Holes and hike your heart out. (Leeds & Grenville)
- Catch fall colours from Blueberry Mountain (Lanark)
- Swim in the St-Lawrence and watch the tall ships coast by in Iroquois (Stormont, Dundas, & Glengarry
Taking on The Experience Challenge this year? Snap a picture, tag @girlgonegood and use #gggexperience to be featured on Instagram.
This Experience Series might just be my favourite of them all. I mean, hopefully you also enjoy The Wilderness Series, The Wellness Series, and The Scavenger Series. But there’s something about this one that is just so…alive? adventurous? fun?