I love the fruity taste of berries, but sometime you’re just craving a little chocolate goodness! Here’s another powerhouse smoothie. 🙂 Cacao nibs are on my personal list of superfoods, and I love their intense chocolate flavour, paired with bananas and almonds…there’s a lot of greatness in this smoothie!
- 1 banana (fresh or frozen...I keep chopped frozen bananas in the freezer)
- 1 cup cup organic vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup organic yogurt of choice (plain, greek, or coconut)
- ½ cup ice cubes (optional)
- ½ scoop chocolate protein powder of choice (vega or sunwarrior)
- 1 tbsp salba (or ground flax or chia)
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Mix Salba with ½ water until blended (otherwise it'll clump in your smoothie). Add all ingredient to blender and mix until smooth.
Vit A: 11%
Vit C: 16.3%
With the antioxidant of salba (more antioxidant flavonoids than any food tested to date and incredible has 4 times the amount of antioxidants than green tea!) and chocolate goodness of cacao nibs, the potassium of bananas and the high protein and fiber from almond butter (not to mention is a ‘good’ fat!) this is a great post workout meal! This recipe is a good source of protein, potassium, fiber and calcium (If you require more protein, add a full scoop of powder vice half). It’s quick and easy to put together (especially with frozen fruit), and it’s light and refreshing (not as thick as usual smoothies). Enjoy!