You want a gluten-free, clean eating and great tasting banana bread recipe? It’s here and it’s mouth watering. Move over Martha Stewart. 😉
Don’t be fooled though, this is definitely a dessert! Sure, it’s gluten free, and sure it’s made with clean eating and healthier ingredients…but it IS dessert. A treat (aka don’t eat 6 in a row like I just did).
I’m not gonna lie…I like sprinkling raw brown sugar on the bottom of the pan and adding more dark chocolate than this, but we have to keep it relatively healthy right? 😉 Nahhh….go ahead, add more chocolate. 🙂
- 4 tbsp avocado oil (or butter, or coconut oil, melted into liquid form)
- ½ cup maple syrup (preferably ¼ maple, ¼ raw brown sugar)
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup quinoa flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 medium sized mashed (very ripe) bananas
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt (swap in plain rice or soy kefir for dairy free option)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips (gluten/nut/dairy free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan or three mini muffin trays (optional: sprinkle pan with brown sugar and cinnamon); set aside.
- Whisk coconut oil and maple syrup. Add egg and whisk until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add to the oil mixture, and mix until just combined (it will seem like there's not enough liquid). Add bananas, Greek yogurt, and vanilla; mix to combine. Stir in dark chocolate, and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes for loaves or 20 minutes for mini muffins (when the top starts to crack and the tester comes out almost clean). Remove from oven and let rest in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool.